1. When whatever it is I’ve been freaking out about with obsessive anxiety turns out not to be the horrible thing I imagined.
2. When Rhoda, my cat, decides to snuggle with me on her own accord.
3. When I have the time to cook myself a nice meal and it all turns out delicious.
4. When I consider that the question might be asking about “things” in the plain sense, i.e. objects, but recognize that “things” can also be applied conceptually so I don’t have to start this post over.
5. Hot cocoa on a chilly night.
6. When one of my crazy schemes turns into a real thing that happened (cf Sondheimas)
7. Finding obscure things I have been searching for.
8. Spending time with people I like, especially in groups of people who all like each other.
9. “I’m The Greatest Star” from the original Broadway cast recording of Funny Girl.
10. Special editin candies, unless the concept is truly horrific (looking at you, cherry-flavored M&Ms).
11. Hot dogs on pretzel buns.
12. Beating people at Words With Friends when I know they are generally better at the game than I am.
13. When someone gives me a present that demonstrates they really understand who I am and what delights me.
14. Reading something I’ve written in the past and forgotten about and discovering a particularly well-employed turn of phrase.
If younger people aren’t making us lot depressed, they’re not doing their job properly.
“The Universe is a Small Hat is a multi-player immersive musical. You will recieve all necessary information when you purchase your ticket.”
UM, TURNS OUT MOLLY “OH MY GOD SHE’S AMAZING” POPE IS IN THIS.
Molly Pope + wacky crazy immersive theatre = how can this not be perfect?
I saw a reading a Joe’s Pub a few months ago and Molly has a blow-your-mind showstopper.